Spirit Week: THURS., October 24 – WED., October 30
- Thursday, Oct. 24: Throw Back Thursday (Favorite old costume)
- Friday, Oct. 25: Pajama Party (Favorite Pajamas)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Adagio Spirit Day (wear your Adagio gear)
- Monday, Oct. 28: Crazy Hats & Socks Day
- Tuesday, Oct. 29: Crazy Hair Day (have some fun with your hair)
- Wednesday, Oct. 30: Wacky Day (Craziest Dance gear, neon)
**Please keep in mind that everyone will need to be able to dance in whatever they are wearing for the day
Festival of Lights Parade ~ Friday, November 29 6:00pm
- Everyone is welcome to walk with us in the parade.
- Wear your WDF shirt or your Adagio gear and something festive.
- We collect hats & mittens to donate that can be dropped off in the office.
- Parents will need to walk with younger children. We line up at 5:30p, parade starts at 6:00pm. We will have a decorated float with truck & trailer you are welcome to ride on or walk along. Lineup will be at Albin-Stevens Drive (east of the old Central School) and Woodward Memorial Drive (under the bridge).
- Parents with young children will need to stay with their child if they are wanting to walk in the parade, there will not be anyone to watch your child for you. If your older dancer is without you, please pick them up at the float in Washington Park immediately after, we cannot be responsible for helping find parents.
Barre Blast & Cardio Pop – Days & Times
Barre: Mondays @ 6:30p & Thursdays @ 9:00a
Cardio: Thursdays @ 6:30p
We are very excited to announce the addition of Yoga classes!! More details regarding days and times to follow soon will be announced on Facebook, BAND, and our website.
Bring your pillow and blanket and enjoy a night in at the studio with your dance friends watching a movie. Snack and water provided. $5 at the door per dancer.
Day – Time
***Sign up for BAND:
Type in your browser band.us/@adagiosopa and follow the prompts to join. This is taking the place of REMIND, which we no longer use to send any announcements. To be up to date with new studio announcements – sign up for BAND today!
If your child has had a fever, vomited or contagious illness within the past 24-hours of when they are due in class, please keep them home and inform the office of their absence.
Phone: (815) 434-3920
Please contact the office for all absences your dancer may have for any reason. Thank you
Studio Procedures & Reminders:
- Please arrive early so class can start on time and have a ride available at the end of class. Call the office if your dancer will miss class for any reason.
- No dancer or any child that is not in class should be left unattended in the studio. We do not have additional staff to watch children. No child should be running in the studio at any time.
- Sick Policy: If your child has had a fever, vomited or contagious illness within the last 24-hours, please keep them home and inform the office of their absence. (815) 434-3920
- Dress Code: All dancers must wear leotard and tights to ensure the lines of the body are seen by the instructor. No street clothes. Students in Level 1 & above must wear a black (pink for Intro I & II) leotard and tights for all classes. For hip hop a shirt, tank or half top and leggings/pants or fitted shorts are allowed.
- Shoes: Names should be in all shoes. The appropriate shoes must be worn in each class (ballet, tap, jazz shoes). Adagio’s Dance Store has all the required shoes, tights, leotards, bags and Adagio apparel.
- Hair: Should be pulled back tight in a bun for all classes and no loose jewelry.
- Phone Policy: Student phones are to remain in their bags on silent. If staff sees a phone out, a parent will have to claim it from the office.
- Food & Drink: Should be limited to water and dry snacks only and should be eaten in the area in the back of the studio. No class treats may be brought in due to students with allergies.
- Check lost and found often – items left behind after class are placed in the back of the studio. Items not claimed are donated monthly.
- Please be respectful of the studio by cleaning up after yourself, throwing away garbage, walking in hallways, turning off lights and closing doors behind you. Be respectful of S & S Travel, located in the front of the studio by walking and keeping noise limited during business hours.
***Sign up for BAND – Type in your browser band.us/@adagiosopa and follow the prompts to join. This is taking the place of REMIND, which we no longer use to send any announcements. To be up to date with new studio announcements – sign up for BAND today!
****The viewing windows will be open at the discretion of the instructor. We want to ensure your dancers are engaged, getting the most out of their class time and reduce distractions.